Saturday, November 2, 2019

A letter of hope

15th September 2018

Some of you may remember Grandma Hien
Who received chúc may mắn"- the 'Good Luck' cow donated by John and Rita.
Grandma Hien’s daughter at the age of 30 had a stroke whilst working in a factory and died. Her husband then disappeared, leaving behind their 5 year old daughter, never to be heard from again. Not wanting her to end up in an orphanage, Grandma Hien has been battling to provide for 8 yr old Truc.
Truc wrote me a letter when she received her scholarship again for this year.  I attribute her gratitude to John and Rita for changing their lives with the cow and to the donors of the scholarships.

The letter reads:
To dearest Auntie,

To begin with, I really do not know what to say. I wish you a good health. Unlike my friends, I was born in an unhappy family. Having neither mom nor dad, I live with my elderly grandma. Luckily our very hard life is saved by you. Your kind support helps me have a chance to go school like other kids.

Auntie, we owe you a debt of gratitude for what you have done. From the bottom of our hearts, we can only say thank you for being our light at the end of the tunnel. I promise not to fail your faith but to keep doing well at school. For my last words, I send you more good health wishes.

Doan Phan Thuy Truc

#missionnampossible





No comments:

Post a Comment