Sunday, November 18, 2012

I can feel the love...

Returning after a break and walking quietly through the gates waiting to see who will spot me first...
It didn't take very long and pretty soon all you could hear was "Anna, Anna, Anna!" going through the orphanage like an echo.
Even little Huy who is 2 years old, ran all the way from across the yard with arms wide open to give me a hug.
Some of the children were at school, so as they returned I waited at the front gate for them...... I cannot describe the feeling I got from them, just watching them run along the dirt path towards me yelling my name, with huge grins upon their faces......
The boys were funny and would run right up to me, but as they reached me, would stop. And then just smile and give me a high five. Too cool and too old for cuddles!

The joy I get from these children..... I cannot begin to explain. Upon seeing them, I felt like I was holding my breath for the last 3 weeks whilst away and now that I was back with them, I gave a huge exhale and was able to use both my lungs to breathe.....


No comments:

Post a Comment